Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
rnm

importing mailboxes from Eudora [RESOLVED] Empty importing mailboxes from Eudora [RESOLVED]

Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:22 am
Hi there.  

I'm a long time (1995) Eudora user - going to give Pandora a try...

I don't think I'm getting the Eudora mailbox importer to work well.   I've used the 'import witch' - seems to work albiet took quite a long time - OK I guess that's no surprise as it is dealing with a couple of hundred thousand messages.

Now I have a very awkward mailbox structure:  the 5 native Pandora mailboxes and everything else in a sub-sub-folder  ("import", then "local mailboxes-Eudora").   That's too awkward - I want all my mailboxes in the main directory.

That's not quite accurate, actually.   In Eudora I have 15 main mailboxes then a bunch in other 'folders' (in Eudora lingo - it asks whether you want to put a new mailbox in a 'folder'.)   Is there any way I can import Eudora mailboxes but keep the mailbox/file structure intact?

Thanks  Richard
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

importing mailboxes from Eudora [RESOLVED] Empty Re: importing mailboxes from Eudora [RESOLVED]

Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:27 am
All imported mailboxes are initially placed under Import/[Client] mailbox, with the original nested mailbox/folder structure preserved.

When the import is over:
1. Move all messages from [Root]/Import/[Client]/In to [Root]/In, [Root]/Import/[Eudora]/Out to [Root]/Out etc.
2. Move non-system mailboxes to the root level, you can just drag and drop entire branches, for example:
Drag [Root]/Import/[Client]/Work
to
[Root]
rnm

importing mailboxes from Eudora [RESOLVED] Empty Re: importing mailboxes from Eudora [RESOLVED]

Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:07 am
OK thanks....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum