Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
curmudgeon

Cannot open Trash mailbox Empty Cannot open Trash mailbox

Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:31 pm
I suddenly cannot open my Trash mailbox by clicking on  it or clicking on "open". Incoming filters and deleted items appear to be sent there properly as the count increases. If I go to C/users/xxxx/------/Trash.mbi I can click on it and open the mailbox. How do I resolve this problem in the mailbox list so I am able to open it from there?

Ray
butchkemper
butchkemper

Cannot open Trash mailbox Empty Re: Cannot open Trash mailbox

Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:43 pm
curmudgeon wrote:I suddenly cannot open my Trash mailbox by clicking on  it or clicking on "open". Incoming filters and deleted items appear to be sent there properly as the count increases. If I go to C/users/xxxx/------/Trash.mbi I can click on it and open the mailbox. How do I resolve this problem in the mailbox list so I am able to open it from there?

Ray

Ray,

This is what I think is happening:

• In the bar at the main window bottom, there is an entry for each open mailbox and each entry contains an "X".
  • I have open the Mailbox window and it is docked on the left side.
  • I open the Trash mailbox, an entry for Trash with a "X" is added to the bar at the main window bottom.
  • I click the Minimize button, the Trash window goes away.
  • I click on the Trash entry at the main window bottom and an entry for Trash with all three buttons appears above the Trash entry at the main window bottom.
  • I can open the Trash mailbox by clicking on the Restore Up button in the upper Trash entry

So, to summarize, the Trash mailbox is open but has been Minimized and needs to be Restored Up to display the window or click on an "X" on a Trash entry to close it.  Once it is closed, you can open it again.

I tried to do some arrows on the graphic but was not successful.

Hope this helps.

Butch

Cannot open Trash mailbox Pandor12

curmudgeon likes this post

curmudgeon

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:42 pm
Thanks Butch.  Got it and that was  the problem as I did not notice the minimized mailbox. I restored it , closed it and then was able to open it by clicking on it.
All is well.

Ray
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum