Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rodolan

Trying to set up for first use Empty Trying to set up for first use

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:42 pm
Brand new to Pandora eMail. I think I messed it up. Name <Dominant> Account - my email address. Couldn't get anything to work and I'm not sure what I did, but ended up with my email address followed immediately by @pop.verizon.net.
I then tried to add a new personality and got that set up. But since it's the same email address, when I clicked on check mail, both personalities started to download email.
I figured I did something very wrong. So I uninstalled the program and tried starting again, but I can't clear everything out so I have the same problem over and over.
Questions -
Is there a way to get Pandora and all attachments (or whatever they are called) completely off my computer so I can start fresh?
It seemed that my email address automatically populated under dominant but I couldn't find a way to enter pop, smtp, and other options.

I'm sorry. I'm kind of old, have been using Eudora for many years and am really having a hard time understanding how to set this program up.
I wanted to switch because I'm having a lot of trouble with Eudora lately and someone suggested switching to Pandora.

I'd really appreciate any help.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Trying to set up for first use Empty Re: Trying to set up for first use

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:30 pm
Hello Rodolan and thanks for trying Pandora.

Rodolan wrote:Brand new to Pandora eMail.  I think I messed it up.  Name <Dominant>  Account  - my email address.  Couldn't get anything to work and I'm not sure what I did, but ended up with my email address followed immediately by @pop.verizon.net.
I then tried to add a new personality and got that set up.  But since it's the same email address, when I clicked on check mail, both personalities started to download email.  
I figured I did something very wrong.  So I uninstalled the program and tried starting again, but I can't clear everything out so I have the same problem over and over.
Questions -
  Is there a way to get Pandora and all attachments (or whatever they are called) completely off my computer so I can start fresh?
  It seemed that my email address automatically populated under dominant but I couldn't find a way to enter pop, smtp, and other options.

Here is how to access those options:
1. Click View/Personalities from the main menu.
2. Select you Dominant personality, right-click > Properties.
3. Now there are 3 buttons/panes:
Checking Mail - for POP/IMAP options
Sending Mail - for SMTP options
Composing Mail - for default stationery and signature selection

As for deleting your data files (messages, attachments etc), just delete your main data folder. To check location of your main data folder:
Click Session/Information from the main menu.
Rodolan

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:42 am
I'm afraid I have installed and uninstalled this program more times than I can count. I cannot get anything to work. Cannot check mail or send mail. When trying to check mail, I get this message:
Task: Checking <Dominant>
Details: [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.
Completed: 7 %
Time: 1/20/2022 12:21:35 AM

When trying to send, I get this message:
Task: Sending 'test' [<Dominant>]
Details: 5.7.0 (#AUTH005) Too many bad auth attempts. [535]
Time: 1/20/2022 12:40:58 AM

I have absolutely no idea what I am missing. As I mentioned in my first post, I'm kind of old, but have always considered myself pretty tech savvy - been using computers since 1983. This program has me stumped and I'm guessing it's something very simple, but I'm about ready to give up and stick with Eudora.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:12 pm
Rodolan wrote:I'm afraid I have installed and uninstalled this program more times than I can count.  I cannot get anything to work.  Cannot check mail or send mail.  When trying to check mail, I get this message:
Task: Checking <Dominant>
Details: [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.
Time: 1/20/2022 12:21:35 AM

When trying to send, I get this message:
Task: Sending 'test' [<Dominant>]
Details: 5.7.0 (#AUTH005) Too many bad auth attempts. [535]
Time: 1/20/2022 12:40:58 AM

I have absolutely no idea what I am missing.  As I mentioned in my first post, I'm kind of old, but have always considered myself pretty tech savvy - been using computers since 1983.   This program has me stumped and I'm guessing it's something very simple, but I'm about ready to give up and stick with Eudora.  

To help us help you to determine what is causing the problem(s), please open the <Dominant> personality and document the configuration by showing the values and settings of these fields:
  • E-Mail Address:
  • User Name:
  • Click on Checking Mail button:
    • POP Server:
    • Account Type:
    • Authentication:
    • Secure Sockets when Receiving:
    • Port:

• Click on Sending Mail button:
    • Sending mail SMTP Server:
    • Authentication:
    • Secure Sockets when Sending"
    • Port:
    • Relay Personality:

That should provide direction to a solution for your problem.

Butch
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum