Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BernieC

sending mail from mutliple identities Empty sending mail from mutliple identities

Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:58 pm
I'm not a pandora user... yet.. but I'm looking at trying it. What I need is an email client that manages "identities" independently from "mailbox accounts" . I have a lot of email "accounts" that aren't associated with a real mailbox -- they're forwarding-only and they just forward to my main email. Then when I want to send out an email associated with one of those I want to be able to "select" a From:/Signature pair which is independent of any actual email account. Is this possible in Pandora? Thanks!!
butchkemper
butchkemper

sending mail from mutliple identities Empty Re: sending mail from mutliple identities

Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:53 pm
BernieC wrote:I'm not a pandora user... yet.. but I'm looking at trying it.  What I need is an email client that manages "identities" independently from "mailbox accounts" .  I have a lot of email "accounts" that aren't associated with a real mailbox -- they're forwarding-only and they just forward to my main email.  Then when I want to send out an email associated with one of those I want to be able to "select" a From:/Signature pair which is independent of any actual email account.  Is this possible in Pandora?  Thanks!!

What you are calling an identity is what Pandora calls a Personality.   Each Personality has a:

• Personality Name - The name of this personality - you may make it anything you want except <Dominant>.
  • Real Name - The Name associated with an message sent from this Personality.
  • E-Mail Address - The E-mail address to be associated with a message sent from this Personality.
  • User Name - The User Name portion of the identity of the account on the mail server used to send a message.
  • Password - The Password associated with the identity of the account on the mail server used to send a message.
  • Default Stationery and Default Signature - The Default Stationery and Signature to be used with a message sent by this Personality.  During message composition, you may select any Stationery and Signature that is defined in Pandora, to be used for the message.
  • Each Personality has an option to be included in a global mail check and an option to be included in a global mail send.
  • The mail server used for a personality must be configured to permit a message to be sent with an email address that does not match the User Name.

I hope this helps.  Please ask additional questions if you need further clarification.

Butch
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

sending mail from mutliple identities Empty Re: sending mail from mutliple identities

Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:40 pm
In addition to what Butch said, you have also Relay Personality option, which might be what you are looking for. Say you have 3 personalities:
1. Dominant
2. Forward Personality 1
3. Forward Personality 2
You can set Dominant to be you Relay Personality for Forward 1 and Forward 2. If you do - all mail is sent via server, credentials etc. of Dominant, but stationery, signatures, filters etc. are of personalities 2. and 3.

Note however - some servers will alter (original message) From-field, if the address does not match the one with their domain, and slam another header, alongside "X-Original-From", with your original From-field.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum