Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Harry

How do I embed an HTML link in a message? Empty How do I embed an HTML link in a message?

Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:43 pm
How do I embed an HTML link in a message?
butchkemper
butchkemper

How do I embed an HTML link in a message? Empty Re: How do I embed an HTML link in a message?

Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:39 am
Harry wrote:How do I embed an HTML link in a message?

While in the Post a reply screen, move the cursor over each icon, looking for Insert a link, and then left+click.  A dialog box opens where you enter the URL and the text that will be clickable to activate the link.

Butch

Harry likes this post

Harry

How do I embed an HTML link in a message? Empty Re: How do I embed an HTML link in a message?

Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:35 am
Got it.

Just like Eudora - but I was looking in the wrong place for the icon.
Harry

Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:07 pm
OK, I *thought* I understood how  to embed an HTML link in a message, but now I've lost it. I cannot find the icon 'Insert a link'.

I want to be able to select a word or phrase and then make it a HTML link.

What does the icon look like?

What row of icons is it in?

Can this also be done via the drop-down menus?

-Harry
butchkemper
butchkemper

Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:32 pm
Harry wrote:OK, I *thought* I understood how  to embed an HTML link in a message, but now I've lost it. I cannot find the icon 'Insert a link'.

I want to be able to select a word or phrase and then make it a HTML link.

What does the icon look like?

What row of icons is it in?

Can this also be done via the drop-down menus?

-Harry

While the Message Compose window is in focus,  a hyperlink can be created in two ways:
  • With the mouse, highlight the text you desire to be a hypelink, do a Crtl+L, the Hyperlink window will open, complete the information blocks in the window, and click Insert.
  • With the mouse pointer, click on the Edit menu item, select Insert, select Hyperlink,  left+click to open the Hyperlink window, complete the information blocks in the window, and left+click Insert.
  • You can see the Hyperlink icon by left+click on the menu item {b]Edit[/b],  select {b]Insert[/b], and the list that opens has the icon before the Hyperlink option.
  • The Hyperlink tool is not by default on the Composition Window  Formatting Toolbar.  The Composition Window Formatting Toolbar can be changed by left+click on the Menu item Settings,  left+click on General , left+click on Composing Mail, and left+click on Toolbar.  Under the the Command list, scroll down to and left+click on Hyperlink, and left+click Add to place it in the command list.  In the command list, left+click on Hyperlink and left+click the Move Up and Move Down commands to move the Hyperlink icon to the desired place in the list.

The best way to learn about Icons and what they do, is the put the mouse pointer over the Icon and wait for information message to appear.

With Menu items, place the mouse pointer over the menu item and wait for the information message to appear.  If the  information message does not appear, left+click on the menu item to see the options available. Take some time to explore each Pandora menu item and all the sub-menus.  You will find a wealth of information.

Pandora has many options, some of which are documented in the Help menu.  The file Pandora.txt located in the c:\Program Files\Pandora folder, has the Release Notes for every release going all the way back to the Initial Release 1.0.1.0.  I highly recommend reading the Release Notes as lots of information can be found there.

Regards,

Butch
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum