Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mad Dog

Odd (?) behavior Empty Odd (?) behavior

Mon May 16, 2022 11:05 pm
Something I find a little odd is that if I send an email and keep a copy in the SENT folder and then want to resend to that person (whether they didn't get it or I want to add something), if I open the SENT folder and right click the email to choose RESEND, it re-sends it to me. If I open the email and right-click, it re-sends to the original recipient (which is what I want). It's an extra step because why would I want to re-send an email back to myself? I know it's not fair or good to compare Pandora to Eudora, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have to reopen the email to resend it properly in Eudora. Or am I dreaming and like an old love making it out to be better than it was?

Thanks!
Mad Do

butchkemper
butchkemper

Odd (?) behavior Empty Re: Odd (?) behavior

Tue May 17, 2022 9:30 pm
Mad Dog wrote:Something I find a little odd is that if I send an email and keep a copy in the SENT folder and then want to resend to that person (whether they didn't get it or I want to add something), if I open the SENT folder and right click the email to choose RESEND, it re-sends it to me. If I open the email and right-click, it re-sends to the original recipient (which is what I want). It's an extra step because why would I want to re-send an email back to myself? I know it's not fair or good to compare Pandora to Eudora, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have to reopen the email to resend it properly in Eudora. Or am I dreaming and like an old love making it out to be better than it was?

Thanks!
Mad Do

I open the Sent mailbox, right+click on a message, and get a list of options that include Send Again but not Resend.  I get the same results if I Select a message in the Sent mailbox and then left+click on the menu item Message.

I did a test by sending a message to a Gmail account from my Dominant account.  I opened the Sent mailbox and tried the following:
  • Right+click on the message, select Send Again, and left+click.  The compose window opened with the new message addressed to the Gmail account.
  • Open the message, left+click on the menu item Message, select Send Again, and left+click.The compose window opened with the new message addressed to the Gmail account.

I did observe that if I used Reply, the compose window opened with the new message was addressed the Dominant account.

I was unable to duplicate your results. Perhaps you were dreaming or even having a nightmare.

Butch
Mad Dog

Tue May 17, 2022 11:41 pm
My mistake about what it's called. That may be what Eudora called it. But oddly, now it's working as it should and did for you. If I come across it not doing it right again I'll pay closer attention and get back here.

Thanks!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum