Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Fliphmds

Format of email Replies [RESOLVED] Empty Format of email Replies [RESOLVED]

Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:43 pm
Lately when I get a text email, say it is 3 separate paragraphs, or maybe a list or table, when I reply the email it gets totally reformatted into one big glob of a paragraph. All formatting on the email text I received is gone, but the reply I typed in is formatted ok.

Any ideas on how to stop this reformatting of the original message??
I am running Pandora 5.10.1 on Win 11.
Thanks
Frank
butchkemper
butchkemper

Format of email Replies [RESOLVED] Empty Re: Format of email Replies [RESOLVED]

Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:01 pm
Fliphmds wrote:Lately when I get a text email, say it is 3 separate paragraphs, or maybe a list or table, when I reply the email it gets totally reformatted into one big glob of a paragraph. All formatting on the email text I received is gone, but the reply I typed in is formatted ok.

Any ideas on how to stop this reformatting of the original message??
I am running Pandora 5.10.1 on Win 11.
Thanks
Frank
Frank,

There is not a Pandora v5.10.1.  I suspect a typo and the version is v5.1.0.1.

I would suggest upgrading to 5.3.0 which is the latest version.  If that fixes the problem, then all is good.

Next, I would file a bug report Help | Send Feedback | Report a Bug.  I would do the following to help Brana understand the problem:
  • Open the offending message and create a screenshot graphic file showing what happens when you reply.  Save the graphic file for attaching to the bug report.
  • Create a new mailbox and move the offending message to the new mailbox.  Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the Pandora data folder and find the new mailbox just created. Create a zip-archive of the mailbox for later attachment to the bug  report.  If you can not create a zip-archive, then double+left+click on the new mailbox and copy the .mbc file for attachment to the bug report.
  • Describe the problem in the bug report, attach the files via drag-and-drop to the bug report, and then send the message.

Good luck.

Butch
Fliphmds

Format of email Replies [RESOLVED] Empty Format of email Replies

Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:47 pm
Yes its a typo and I upgraded to 5.3 Problem still there. I will send info to Brana as u note. Thanks
Fliphmds

Format of email Replies [RESOLVED] Empty Yep, bug..

Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:51 pm
It is a bug and Brana will catch it on next release. Hard to believe nobody else had this problem.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:56 am
This is resolved now, thank you Fliphmds for reporting it and for the samples.
Tony Austin
Tony Austin
https://asiapac.com.au/

Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:41 am
I have mentioned it at least once. See for example my fairly recent and  illustrated 08 March 2023 forum post at ttps://pandoramail.forumotion.net/t269-new-user-remove-attachment-locations-text-and-pencil-edit-development#1252

It really needs to be fixed. It's still a big pain in the rear end in Pandora 5.4.0.2 -- so perhaps when Brana just above says "This is resolved now" perhaps he means a newer version that 5.4?
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:31 am
No, it means exactly what I said - it's resolved now (current release).

Your issue Tony is unrelated to this one, and not much related to OutdoorBen's original post from other thread either. So here is what I suggest you do:
1. Copy that message into a brand new mailbox.
2. Send over corresponding mbc file to support mail address, it will be investigated.

For these message formatting issues screen shots are practically useless, samples are much preferred method.
Mind you it's simpler as well. Now, if you have enough time to make, and even mark screen shots, that's great, I thank you for it, but samples first.

Tony Austin likes this post

urbite

Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:54 pm
I am running version 4.9.0.1 and am also having this issue. And it's been happening for quite a while.

I believe that it may occur mainly in emails sent with Outlook - which is almost the entire enterprise business world. It is difficult to respond in a professional manner when the senders email is scrunched into one paragraph in the reply.

Sometimes I can copy the content of the email to which I'm replying and paste it over the scrunched stuff, then manually add vertical thread bars. But that doesn't always work, the paste over just pastes everything scrunched in the same was as it was formatted in the 'reply' email.

Brana - what version do you believe this was fixed in?
butchkemper
butchkemper

Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:34 pm
urbite wrote:I am running version 4.9.0.1 and am also having this issue. And it's been happening for quite a while.

Pandora version 4.9.0 is the last of the Series 4 versions and was released on 13 Mar 2023.  

The first Series 5 version 5.0.0 was release on 2 Apr 2023 with 4 additional releases since  then.  The most current version of Pandora is 5.4.0 and was released on 22 Jun 2023.

To upgrade to the latest release, first purchase a new license which will support the Series 5 releases.  Install the Series 5 license in the version 4.9.0.  Download the latest Series 5 version and install it over the version 4.9.0.

urbite wrote:Brana - what version do you believe this was fixed in?

Brana said on 27 Jun 2023 at 0231:
admin' wrote:
No, it means exactly what I said - it's resolved now (current release).

Your issue Tony is unrelated to this one, and not much related to OutdoorBen's original post from other thread either. So here is what I suggest you do:
1. Copy that message into a brand new mailbox.
2. Send over corresponding mbc file to support mail address, it will be investigated.

For these message formatting issues screen shots are practically useless, samples are much preferred method.
Mind you it's simpler as well. Now, if you have enough time to make, and even mark screen shots, that's great, I thank you for it, but samples first.

At the time Brana wrote the message, the current version was and still is 5.4.0.

I hope this helps.

Butch
Tony Austin
Tony Austin
https://asiapac.com.au/

Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:03 am
I've sent Brana a range of example messages that get mangled when you reply/forward/edit the,. It's pretty likely that as always he'll be able to work out from such examples what's needed to cope with this issue. I get the impression from Brana that it's due to many incoming messages using simple HTML tables for layout of their content rather than up-to-date kosher CSS layout structures.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum