Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KHP-444

Deleting double imported folders and adding missing folders ? Empty Deleting double imported folders and adding missing folders ?

Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:56 pm
I imported the mail folders from Eudora.

However, in the course of the import process some interuption occured, and in the end some folders were doubled, others are missing.

Therefore 2 questions:

1)
How can I delete double mail folders in Pandora ? The program accepts the DELETE command, but after several seconds the doubled files are back.
I have tried the deletion multiple times, in administrator and standard mode, without progress.

2)
How can I selectively import missing folders from the old Eudora Installation ?
KHP-444

Deleting double imported folders and adding missing folders ? Empty Has nobody got an idea how to delete these doubled imported mailboxes ?

Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:20 am
Has nobody got an idea how to delete these doubled imported mailboxes ?
butchkemper
butchkemper

Deleting double imported folders and adding missing folders ? Empty Re: Deleting double imported folders and adding missing folders ?

Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:44 am
KHP-444 wrote:I imported the mail folders from Eudora.

How can I selectively import missing folders from the old Eudora Installation ?

When the Import tool is run,

• In the first window What would you like to import? select Messages and then click Next,
  • Under Which program would you like to import from?,select Eudora and then click Next,
  • Under Which mailboxes would you like to import?, follow the folder chain, select the folders and mailboxes of interest, and then click Next - this is where you  select only the folders and mailboxes that you want to import.

Hope this helps.

Butch
KHP-444

Deleting double imported folders and adding missing folders ? Empty Re2: Deleting double imported folders and adding missing folders

Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:18 pm
Butch, thank you for the advice on importing missing folders from Eudora. This should answer the seond question.

But before I try that out I should want to have a solution to first question to avoid further folder confusion:

How can I delete double mail folders in Pandora ? The program accepts the DELETE command, but after several seconds the doubled files are back.
I have tried the deletion multiple times, in administrator and standard mode, without progress.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Deleting double imported folders and adding missing folders ? Empty Re: Deleting double imported folders and adding missing folders ?

Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:24 pm
KHP-444 wrote:Butch, thank you for the advice on importing missing folders from Eudora. This should answer the seond question.

But before I try that out I should want to have a solution to first question to avoid further folder confusion:

Perhaps you have many occurrences of the extra folders.  When you delete a folder, Pandora has to process the mail files inside the folder and that could take a while.

You could use the brute force method with the Windows File Explorer to delete the files and folders directly.  This can be dangerous so be sure to have a good backup up the Mail folder where Pandora keeps all of it files.  Do not forget to shutdown Pandora before doing anything.  Delete a single mail folder and then start Pandora to see if it had the desired effect.

Some things to know about Pandora Mailboxes:
  • Mailboxes have names that end in .mf.
  • A mailbox is a folder that contains two files with the mailbox name and ending .mbc and .mbi.
  • The .mbc file contains the message(s) text and the .mbi contains the message(s) index information.
  • A mailbox folder can contain message files and one or more mailbox folders.

Good luck

Butch
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum