Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mad Dog

Address Book not saving Empty Address Book not saving

Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:05 am
I don't use the Address Book much, I guess because people I email often pop up when I send a new email and am typing their name. But sometimes those go away if I haven't emailed someone recently. Several times recently, including today, when I add someone to the Address Book, when I go to send an email and start typing the recipient they show up and all works. But when I close Pandora, then open it the next day, their Address Book entry wasn't saved. I even tried just now to add someone, send an email to make sure it worked, then immediately closed Pandora. Opened it up and they weren't in it. Any ideas of what's going on? I don't see any way to "Save Address Book" other than closing the program and assuming it will be saved.

Thanks!
butchkemper
butchkemper

Address Book not saving Empty Re: Address Book not saving

Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:30 am
Mad Dog wrote:I don't use the Address Book much, I guess because people I email often pop up when I send a new email and am typing their name. But sometimes those go away if I haven't emailed someone recently. Several times recently, including today, when I add someone to the Address Book, when I go to send an email and start typing the recipient they show up and all works. But when I close Pandora, then open it the next day, their Address Book entry wasn't saved. I even tried just now to add someone, send an email to make sure it worked, then immediately closed Pandora. Opened it up and they weren't in it. Any ideas of what's going on? I don't see any way to "Save Address Book" other than closing the program and assuming it will be saved.

Thanks!
Mad Dog,

You need to select Settings, leftclick, select General, shift+leftclick to open More Settings window, scroll to  the option WarnSaveAddressBook, leftclick to open option window, set option to "1", and leftclick Change button.  

Now Pandora will to open a dialog box with Save changes to Address Book? whenever the Address Book window is closed.  Choose the option Automatically save cards from now on, and then leftclick the Save button.

While in the Address Book window, Crtl+s will save the file.

Hope this helps.

Butch
Mad Dog

Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:37 am
Perfect!

Odd to me that this isn't the default, but this did just what I wanted. THANKS!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum