Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
John Sylvester

Over fetching of emails Empty Over fetching of emails

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:40 pm
Good Morning everyone,

After installing Pandora I found that it was fetching multiple copies of emails. I did post this message before and got a response but the suggestion failed. I am wondering if the cause could be that I am also using Outlook 2007 and Eudora 7.1.0.9 (paid mode) on the same computer and whether Pandora is fetching those emails as well as what is on the server. I do have a "keep for 10 days" in Eudora Options as a keepsafe for possible computer crashes. This has served me well in the past and I hesitate to set the option to zero. In the meanwhile I did uninstall Pandora until I have a better handle on how to install Pandora in a way to avoid having to delete hundreds of copies of emails already fetched. I do like the direction Pandora is going and would like to keep it.

Jack
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Over fetching of emails Empty Re: Over fetching of emails

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:35 pm
Hello Jack:

John Sylvester wrote:Good Morning everyone,

After installing Pandora I found that it was fetching multiple copies of emails. I did post this message before and got a response but the suggestion failed. I am wondering if the cause could be that I am also using Outlook 2007 and Eudora 7.1.0.9 (paid mode) on the same computer and whether Pandora is fetching those emails as well as what is on the server.

Absolutely, whatever was downloaded with Outlook/Eudora (with Leave Mail on Server is checked) will also be downloaded with Pandora - every client keeps it's own Last Mail on Server info.
Note, Pandora keeps extra UIDL info per every message, as servers reserve a right to change message id-infos in between sessions. So possibility of Pandora downloading the same message twice is zero (or something like 0.0000001%, if internal unique-id generator fails). Message previously downloaded with other client(s) is not considered as "already downloaded".

If your server supports both POP and IMAP protocols one way to work around issue:
Configure one client to fetch via POP access and other 2 via IMAP.

Note also, when account is IMAP, Pandora can emulate POP download, ie. you can download messages to your local mailboxes as if it's a POP account. To do so:
1. Configure your persona for IMAP access.
2. Un-check under Personality/Checking Mail: "Include in Global Check".
3. To check which messages are on server right now, open main IMAP mailbox for that account - it's usually titled: Inbox.
4. To fetch messages hit Shift+Check Mail, and select that IMAP account from the list.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum