Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SierraFoothills
SierraFoothills
https://railroadflat.org/weather

Install Directory Empty Install Directory

Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:40 am
I installed registered version in C:\Pandora. I want program and data files in the same directory (like I have Eudora).
When I try to run Pandora I get "No read-write access for main data folder." even though I have pointed to C:\Pandora
for the data folder on first run. Also during install I get "iPersistFile::Save failede; code 0x90070005. Access is denied.

Far as I know C:\Pandora is not a protected directory in Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1350).
butchkemper
butchkemper

Install Directory Empty Re: Install Directory

Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:33 am
mjburns wrote:I installed registered version in C:\Pandora. I want program and data files in the same directory (like I have Eudora).
When I try to run Pandora I get "No read-write access for main data folder." even though I have pointed to C:\Pandora
for the data folder on first run. Also during install I get "iPersistFile::Save failede; code 0x90070005. Access is denied.

Far as I know C:\Pandora is not a protected directory in Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1350).

Run the installation as Administrator.

Butch
SierraFoothills
SierraFoothills
https://railroadflat.org/weather

Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:31 pm
I did install as Administrator, would not install to C:\Pandora and work but did install to C:\Program Files Drop-in\Pandora, data and program files as requested. It is working sending and receiving mail. Thanks

Mike
rnm

Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:21 pm
I guess it is not my business why and where one wants to put files - but I think almost for sure nobody supports putting program files and data files in the same place. Why don't you separate them?

But that doesn't answer your question. I agree that c:\pandora should not be a protected location. Perhaps Brana has configured Pandora installation to disallow what you want as a deliberate protective strategy to protect users who want to do unconventional things.....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum