Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Fliphmds

Filtering Stopped Empty Filtering Stopped

Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:58 pm
I had to reinstall Pandora because I had a hard dive problem. All went well but now Pandora does not do ANY filtering. I have over 40 filters in my filter list. They all show up when I ask for a filter view, but none seem to work. Any ideas to get filters working again?? I ma running Ver 5.1.01  Thanks.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Filtering Stopped Empty Re: Filtering Stopped

Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:36 pm
Fliphmds wrote:I had to reinstall Pandora because I had a hard dive problem. All went well but now Pandora does not do ANY filtering. I have over 40 filters in my filter list. They all show up when I ask for a filter view, but none seem to work. Any ideas to get filters working again?? I ma running Ver 5.1.01  Thanks.

First, I would install Pandora version 5.6.0.  

Second, I would work on the first filter to understand why it is not working and to keep careful notes on what was done to make the filter start working.  Then, I would move to the second filter and make the same corrections.

When you rebuilt the hard drive, did the Windows Path, hard drive name or letter, directory names, and directory order, change?  The fix could be as simple as opening each filter, going to the Action section, and selecting the mailbox again.  This will correct the full path to the mailbox contained in the filters.xml file..

Butch
Fliphmds

Filtering Stopped Empty Filtering Stopped

Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:28 pm
Thanks for the suggestions.
Installed 5.6, no change to issue.
Tried to change some filters, save and rerun Apply Filters ...then built 2 new filters tried to apply them ... no luck.
The drive ID did change after I restored Windows so I tried to re-assign the drive in Pandy and via Windows. No luck
(although changing the drive ID in Settings does work for all mailboxes and attachments)

Looked at the Filters.xml file to see if there was something in there. Nothing I could see re file location.

In the end I rebuilt all new filters and now filtering is working. So the morale is: If you restore Windows make sure all drive IDs are the same or Pandy will have problems.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:15 pm
Fliphmds wrote:Thanks for the suggestions.
Installed 5.6, no change to issue.
Tried to change some filters, save and rerun Apply Filters ...then built 2 new filters tried to apply them ... no luck.
The drive ID did change after I restored Windows so I tried to re-assign the drive in Pandy and via Windows. No luck
(although changing the drive ID in Settings does work for all mailboxes and attachments)

Looked at the Filters.xml file to see if there was something in there. Nothing I could see re file location.

In the end I rebuilt all new filters and now filtering is working. So the morale is: If you restore Windows make sure all drive IDs are the same or Pandy will have problems.

After reading your response, I did some digging and testing on my filters and found the following.

Each filter has two entries which are populated with the path to the In mailbox when the filter is created. Each entry is changed when the appropriate option is selected and the destination mailbox is changed.  If you rebuild the computer with a change to the path structure, that change is not reflected into the existing filters. To make Pandora correct the  path entries in the filters file, you have to:

• Open the Filters window,
  • Left+click on the top filter,
  • Left+click on Action,
  • If this filter copies the message to a mailbox, left+click on Copy to option and select the correct mailbox,
  • If this filter moves the message to a mailbox, left+click on Move to option and select the correct mailbox,
  • Select the next filter and repeat the process until all Filters are corrected,
  • Save the filters before closing.

Butch
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum