Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
croos

Update gone seriously wrong. Help please! Empty Update gone seriously wrong. Help please!

Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:29 pm
Updated Pandora yesterday an now I wish I hadn't. Update gone seriously wrong. Help please! 1f622

Problem #1. All mail in my inbox that didn't have a label already are now colored red.

When I was fixing that I discovered problem #2 that is much more serious. There were way too few emails in my inbox. I had for instance one single copy of a news list I subscribe to and I save every one. I searched all mailboxes for the sender's name and found a lot. All marked as being in the inbox! I can open the individual emails from the search window, but I don't see them in the inbox.

This concerns thousands of emails and I was just lucky I found a mail in the inbox that made it possible for me to search for more. I have no idea what emails may have gone missing. Please, how can I fix this?

AFAICS at a glance the problems concern only the inbox.

The labels have been a problem before. After one of Pandora's crashes all my carefully crafted labels were gone.
croos

Update gone seriously wrong. Help please! Empty Re: Update gone seriously wrong. Help please!

Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:46 pm
I just realized it's even worse. I haven't got hardly any email today and those I've got have ended up in the Junk box. I have a problem with that too, that emails get marked as junk for no reason, but I'm used to that now.

So I sent an email to myself. It didn't show up but when I searched for it it was there - and marked as being in the inbox.

This is really serious.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Update gone seriously wrong. Help please! Empty Re: Update gone seriously wrong. Help please!

Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:04 pm
To turn off Quick Search/show all messages:
1. Open/bring mailbox window to the front.
2. Hit View/Show Messages/All from the main menu.

As for the junk mail issue, can you tell us more about the settings you've got under Settings/Junk Mail.
croos

Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:45 pm
Yes, that was it. Thank you for your fast help. What a relief!  

I've already answered you email. I mentioned the spam problem there and attached a screen grab of the Junk settings. But I can upload it here to, in case it helps others.

Please note that the spam problem started without me changing any settings. Could have happened in connection with an upgrade of Pandora, can't say anymore. That the Show Messages filter that I have never even used was suddenly on after an upgrade made me wonder if an upgrade can have triggered the other problem to?

Update gone seriously wrong. Help please! Junk-settings

Yeah, most of the "spam mails" is given a score lower than 80 and they still are moved to Junk. But as I said in my email, the moving isn't what concerns me. It's that legit posts get marked as spam in the first place.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum