Pandora Mail Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LJWolfe
LJWolfe

Another odd display issue (white boxes instead of text) Empty Another odd display issue (white boxes instead of text)

Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:42 am
(Edited to make the subject clearer, and to add that this one sender isn't the only time this happens.)

It's been a long day that started too early, so hopefully I'll be able to make myself clear and also hopefully I didn't just miss something silly-simple. :-)

Email from BirthdayAlarm.com displays mostly fine in Eudora (it's missing the "send a card" box, which I don't use anyway), but in Pandora you can only see the important part if you select the text. I did a quick search on the name and birthday and got multiple people, so I'm not overly concerned about privacy here.

In Eudora:
Another odd display issue (white boxes instead of text) In-eud10

In Pandora, without selecting text:
Another odd display issue (white boxes instead of text) In-pan10

In Pandora, after hitting ctrl-A:
Another odd display issue (white boxes instead of text) In-pan11

(Edit to add that this happens on mail from several sites. Sometimes the box is a different color than white, but it's the same problem: a solid-color box showing up instead of text. So far every time I notice this I can see the email fine in Eudora.)

Is there a setting somewhere I need to change, or is this just one of those quirks I'll have to live with?

Also, a request for the forums: Can "sign in automatically" please not be checked by default? I've almost turned that on several times by accident, and IMO it's the sort of thing that should be opt-in (need to check the box) rather than opt-out (need to UN-check the box).

Thanks!
Mad Dog

Another odd display issue (white boxes instead of text) Empty Re: Another odd display issue (white boxes instead of text)

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:26 am
I get this with some emails, most notably GoDaddy domain renewal emails. The domain name is invisible in a large black box unless I hover over it, then it shows up white. Like many things, unfortunately I live with it. Like emails where I reply and try to delete earlier parts of the thread that are quoted. Especially if there are images it won't delete en masse like it will text.
Rog7
Rog7

Another odd display issue (white boxes instead of text) Empty Re: Another odd display issue (white boxes instead of text)

Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:41 am
I've been getting something similar for some time, but only emails from three or four places (all genuine well-known companies). The text or content was just a large white space.

The first few, over a year ago when I probably had Pandora v4.9 or earlier, I discovered I could see the content if I clicked Forward, ctrl-F, or sometimes ctrl-A.

I emailed the companies to tell them the problem and eventually they all came good. I have no idea how or why.

However, I'm now on Pandora v5.6.0.1 and just last week I received two more problem emails (from the same company). In these the header down to "Dear Keith" was visible, then white space followed by "Kind regards..." and all of the footer.  I have informed the company concerned.
butchkemper
butchkemper

Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:14 pm
Rog7 wrote:I've been getting something similar for some time, but only emails from three or four places (all genuine well-known companies). The text or content was just a large white space.

The first few, over a year ago when I probably had Pandora v4.9 or earlier, I discovered I could see the content if I clicked Forward, ctrl-F, or sometimes ctrl-A.

I emailed the companies to tell them the problem and eventually they all came good. I have no idea how or why.

However, I'm now on Pandora v5.6.0.1 and just last week I received two more problem emails (from the same company). In these the header down to "Dear Keith" was visible, then white space followed by "Kind regards..." and all of the footer.  I have informed the company concerned.

Pandora v5.6.0.1 is not the most current version.  V5.7.0.1 is the most current version.  The license version for v5.6..1 works with v5.7.0.1.

Butch
Rog7
Rog7

Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:24 pm
My error: I am on v5.7.0.1
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum